Started as a Realtor in: 2008 and has also completed a course in Project Management at UBC in 2013
One-piece of advice for your clients: For buyers, you will find that home that is right for you. Try to ‘just be’ and not stress about your ideals. You will feel it when it’s the right place.
Why RE/MAX? One of my friends, a developer, mentioned that they would not look anywhere else but RE/MAX. When people think of RE/MAX, they think of professionals, and that’s what I truly am.
Q & A
1. What differentiates you from the 11,000 licensed real estate agents in the Greater Vancouver area? I move mountains to show my clients what they want to see, when they want to see it. My clients are all regarded as family. I always answer their calls and emails. I also work hard to be remembered well and do well for the industry.
2. What was your favorite success story as a real estate agent? From my outgoing personality and interest in connecting with a number of Realtors across Canada, early on in my career one of my contacts referred me to a bank undergoing a foreclosure on a development property. There were 18 patio homes in Crown Isle that needed to be sold. I had my fair share of naysayers, that I couldn’t do it, but I did, and in record time!
3. What do you think clients look for in a realtor? Someone that cares about them and their needs. To work with someone they can trust and are comfortable with. Someone they can get a hold of and who is diligently working for them.
4. How do clients describe you and what’s your best feature? I care about you and want the best for you. I will not sell you into a house for a “deal”. It has to be the right house, at the right price. My best feature, I really like people and love what I do.
5. What inspired you to be a Realtor? I have always bought and sold real estate. I bought my first home when I was 18 when mortgage rates were at 18.75%!
6. What do you love most about your job? I treasure my clients and I like removing the stress of Buying and Selling. Nothing makes me happier than to call my clients, or visit them months later and they are happy in their new home.
7. What is the hardest part of your job? Dealing with situations with heightened stress points for clients, such as multiple offers or if there has been a recent death in the family that is causing the sale/purchase.
PERSONAL SNAP SHOT
About: Colette has two kids and lives in Yaletown, which she absolutely loves.
Interests: She enjoys reading, skiing and hiking.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): Travel. She just spent three months in Australia and some time in Bali. Living a version of the philosophy, work hard so you get to play hard (or travel for longer).
Loves (can’t live without): Water. She loves the ocean and views.
A couple of things unique about Colette: 1. If she wasn’t a Realtor she would be a project manager. 2. When she’s driving, she listens to the radio or listens to educational podcasts.
Contact Colette colettevaldock.remax.net email@example.com 604.880.6073