My profile of Sutton real estate agent, Ellie Pahlavanpour
604.467.3871 email@example.com ChabrosHomes.ca
About: Nick is married and has a dog named Sunny. Born and raised in the Tri-cites area, he and his wife made a recent move to Mission and have been enjoying the new community immensely.
Interests: Sports – all kinds of them. Hockey, football, etc. Nick is what one might call, competitive and sports helps to feed that trait.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): Spending time with family, vacationing/weekend getaways and sports.
Loves (can’t live without): As a realtor, he can’t live without his phone or laptop.
Started as a Realtor in: 2011.
Specialization: Residential, but has been training in commercial properties and commercial leasing. For specific areas, Nick covers the Tri-Cities and out towards the Fraser Valley including, Abbotsford, Surrey and Langley.
One-piece of advice for your clients: Do your due diligence when buying or selling the biggest investment of your life. Surround yourself with experienced professionals that include a real estate agent, mortgage broker, inspector and a lawyer/notary. Take your time and speak to two or three of each. Always establish a good connection with whom you are working with. Remember, this is the biggest investment of your life.
Why Macdonald Realty? Nick interviewed a number of brokerages and in meeting with the team at Macdonald, he just felt at home right away. Unlike some offices where there were 200+ agents, this office had only 30, at the time. It felt like family then, and it still does with a team under 40 agents today. With 20 offices in BC, Macdonald Realty has as a strong presence and deep roots being founded locally.
Nick is a friendly, easy to talk to, and efficient realtor. He was able to sell our townhouse quickly and, even in the red hot Greater Vancouver market, helped us to negotiate a great deal on our new house.
Sarah, Maple Ridge
I know who I am and how hard I work. I’m competitive and work for my clients. I’ve been in the customer service industry for 20 years and simply love working with people. Also, not only are you hiring me, as your agent, you’re hiring Macdonald Realty. We have been a BC owned company for over 70 years that can help with your residential, investment, relocation, rental and commercial needs.
Someone that is honest and works with integrity. They also want someone dedicated to helping them buy and/or sell the biggest investment of their lives.
Honest and hardworking.
Real estate is like a rollercoaster ride. Buying your first home or dream home…can be exhilarating. It can also be frustrating & disappointing when you lose in a bidding war or the inspection turns out ugly. Providing the keys to my clients to their new home is a great feeling but sometimes, as a realtor, you have to give clients bad news, and it’s important to have that level of respect and trust that comes from being open and honest.
I was always interested in real estate. Having bought a couple of investment properties and going through the purchase and sale processes, I felt that it was something I wanted to pursue more and what better way than to actually get into the business.
There are many things. Meeting new people daily, shopping for a home with clients, the rush of writing up an offer, giving clients the keys to their new home…It also allows for a flexible schedule. I used to have two jobs working 6 days a week, from early morning to late nights. Zero time for any fun time. Today, I’m my own boss and managing my own schedule, while also being able to be in full control of my earning potential is a great balance in life.
There is nothing hard about my job. There can be challenges, but ultimately, it’s how you perceive them and what you do to keep going forward. There is always a solution for every problem. I was told early on in my career to always stay positive & persevere.
About: Professionally Simmy has an extensive background with over 18 years in corporate sales, business development and marketing. She has made the career transition to starting her own business and taking a long time passion and interest for real estate to now working full time in the industry. She loves challenging herself, and being her own boss has allowed her that, which encourages her to continue learning and develop amidst the trials of running a small business in a fast paced industry. “Knowledge is everything in business, you can’t allow yourself to ever become stagnant.” Which is a true reflection of her professional standards and commitment of expertise to her clients.
Interests: Golf, yoga, running, health & wellness, and gourmet cooking – Food and Wine are definite passions.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): If she had more time, and financial resources Simmy would devote more of herself to charitable initiatives and work with under-privileged children. She would also focus on the Health and Wellness aspect of her life and take her interests and explore them through a full time practice. The thought of having a full time wellness and nutritional coach, personal trainer and yoga master at her daily disposal has enticing appeal!
Loves (can’t live without): Simmy’s love of things is ever evolving. Adaptation is the key word she lives by. However, the one the one thing that Simmy can’t live without is her family, and on a lighter note her Starbucks Coffee!
Started as a Realtor in: October 2014.
Specialization: Vancouver West Side, Downtown and the Coquitlam/Burnaby area.
One-piece of advice for your clients: Don’t allow people to rush you into things. Take the time to make sound decisions. You are investing your hard earned money towards your future and you have the right to be picky. Make sure your needs are being met through a consultative process and what’s important to you is kept top of mind at all times. Build a relationship with someone who becomes your trusted advisor for the long term.
Why Dexter? Dexter has a solid reputation in the industry based on high levels of integrity, professional standards, ethics and personal service. Dexter invests in it’s professionals through training and education that is a cut above the rest. Of all the firms that I interviewed with, Dexter was 100% in alignment with my personal and professional values. Dexter also has a global presence through an exclusive affiliation with Frank Knight based out of the UK. The fact that a firm of Dexter’s size has captured such a large audience in my mind spoke volumes regarding the type of clientele the firm has dealt with over the years. What stands true for Dexter and its quality is “it’s not how big you are, but who you are that matters.”
1. What differentiates you from the 11,000 licensed real estate agents in the Greater Vancouver area? My passion, integrity and professionalism are what I live by and I truly love helping people. I have a genuine concern for my clients and care about the decision they are making. I ensure that I focus on a long term relationship with my clients that entails becoming their trusted advisor, not just their realtor.
2. What do you think clients look for in a realtor? All clients have different mandates and needs, but the most important aspects clients should look for are to work with someone they trust, connect with, and easily build a rapport with. Like any relationship you have to like the person you are working with.
3. How do clients describe you and what’s your best feature? As a professional that comes with high standards who gets the job done, and will go the extra mile because of my genuine care for people. My attention to detail and ability to be creative would be my best features.
4. What inspired you to be a Realtor? I have been passionate about real estate my entire career and have always wanted to be a part of the industry, but my career always presented various opportunities that took me in a different direction. At this point I’m diving in and taking a long time passion and turning it into a full time profession.
5. What do you love most about your job? The ability to meet people from all walks of life, share in their experiences and help their dreams become a reality.
6. What is the hardest part of your job? I don’t find anything difficult, because for me this doesn’t feel like work. I enjoy even the most challenging components of the role and the toughest negotiations with an enthusiastic approach and a smile!
Contact Simmy Sandhu Dexter Associates Realty 1399 Homer Street Vancouver, BC V6B 5M9 c. 604.897.5880 o. 604.689.8226 e. firstname.lastname@example.org w. www.dexterrealty.com
Started as a Realtor in: 2008 and has also completed a course in Project Management at UBC in 2013
One-piece of advice for your clients: For buyers, you will find that home that is right for you. Try to ‘just be’ and not stress about your ideals. You will feel it when it’s the right place.
Why RE/MAX? One of my friends, a developer, mentioned that they would not look anywhere else but RE/MAX. When people think of RE/MAX, they think of professionals, and that’s what I truly am.
1. What differentiates you from the 11,000 licensed real estate agents in the Greater Vancouver area? I move mountains to show my clients what they want to see, when they want to see it. My clients are all regarded as family. I always answer their calls and emails. I also work hard to be remembered well and do well for the industry.
2. What was your favorite success story as a real estate agent? From my outgoing personality and interest in connecting with a number of Realtors across Canada, early on in my career one of my contacts referred me to a bank undergoing a foreclosure on a development property. There were 18 patio homes in Crown Isle that needed to be sold. I had my fair share of naysayers, that I couldn’t do it, but I did, and in record time!
3. What do you think clients look for in a realtor? Someone that cares about them and their needs. To work with someone they can trust and are comfortable with. Someone they can get a hold of and who is diligently working for them.
4. How do clients describe you and what’s your best feature? I care about you and want the best for you. I will not sell you into a house for a “deal”. It has to be the right house, at the right price. My best feature, I really like people and love what I do.
5. What inspired you to be a Realtor? I have always bought and sold real estate. I bought my first home when I was 18 when mortgage rates were at 18.75%!
6. What do you love most about your job? I treasure my clients and I like removing the stress of Buying and Selling. Nothing makes me happier than to call my clients, or visit them months later and they are happy in their new home.
7. What is the hardest part of your job? Dealing with situations with heightened stress points for clients, such as multiple offers or if there has been a recent death in the family that is causing the sale/purchase.
About: Colette has two kids and lives in Yaletown, which she absolutely loves.
Interests: She enjoys reading, skiing and hiking.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): Travel. She just spent three months in Australia and some time in Bali. Living a version of the philosophy, work hard so you get to play hard (or travel for longer).
Loves (can’t live without): Water. She loves the ocean and views.
A couple of things unique about Colette: 1. If she wasn’t a Realtor she would be a project manager. 2. When she’s driving, she listens to the radio or listens to educational podcasts.
Contact Colette colettevaldock.remax.net email@example.com 604.880.6073