Started as a Realtor in: 1989 – 25 years in the business.
Specialization: Vancouver and Pre-sale properties. I live in Vancouver and have worked with many developers selling pre-sale properties in all areas of the lower mainland for some of the top established companies including: Bosa, Mosaic, Polygon, Listraor and Qualex. I understand floor plans, homeowner warranty and inspection requirements. I read all the documents for my clients and make sure they are aware of the building, strata council and investments fund details.
One-piece of advice for your clients: Buy in the location you really want to be in.
Why RE/MAX? It’s a good brand and my office has a great manager.
Q & A
1. What differentiates you from the 11,000 licensed real estate agents in the Greater Vancouver area? For buyers, I understand my client’s and their motivations. I tell them the truth. For sellers, the sales presentation is key. It needs to be beautiful and with a comprehensive overview of building details, neighbourhood features, recent sales in the area. I have provided a few pages of my client presentation outlining my marketing plan and real estate tips.
2. What was your most interesting client story? Over 25 years you have a lot of stories, but recently I just bought a house for one of my clients who has never stepped foot in the house. She’s from overseas and I provided her with all details, inspection and iPhone video of the 80 year-old home. There were 4 offers on the table and I delivered my client’s $1.55 million offer to the seller in person, noting that the use of the home was not to tear it down, but to own and enjoy. When it comes to peoples homes, I find it can be a very personal process, so taking the time to make an in-person offer is important to me and for my clients. In this case, I think it played a big role in my client’s accepted offer.
3. What do you think clients look for in a realtor? To be honest, I don’t think many clients know what to look for. I have many clients say to me, “I didn’t know you would do that?” Many don’t know what they should expect, but there is a level of service that I provide and it’s above and beyond. I make sure they informed and know the details of what they are buying and for sellers, I present their home so others can see the value.
4. How do clients describe you and what’s your best feature? I’m honest and tuned into what they are looking for. My best feature, I ask a lot of questions and listen well.
5. What inspired you to be a Realtor? Ever since I was little I loved houses and property. Now it’s about the people and understanding them. How they are going to live and their motivation. Some times their ideas are not realistic, but I help them to find something that works within their expectations. Actually, many of my first clients still own and live in their original properties I helped them buy – that’s over 23+ years in some cases!
6. What do you love most about your job? The people and learning about their lives – If find that they are all so interesting
7. What is the hardest part of your job? Making sure all of the little details are right. There are so many moving parts in buying and selling real estate and no deal is ever the same. There are constant stressful feelings because I care so much for my clients.
PERSONAL SNAP SHOT
About: Patricia and her husband live in Kitsilano and have a busy house with three teenage kids.
Interests: She enjoys walking her dog, shopping, being outdoors and getting active in sports such as: boot camp, kayak and paddleboard. She’s also a foodie and wants to try every restaurant in town.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): Traveling
Loves (can’t live without): Family, friends, dessert and coffee. She is addicted to sugar, but offsets this with her vitamins and kale smoothie intake.
A couple of things unique about Patricia: 1. If she wasn’t a Realtor she believes she would be a Psychologist 2. When she’s driving, she thinks about what she might have forgotten to do, who she should call and makes sure to catch her good friend, Ray Grover, DJing the afternoon show on 103.5 QM/FM.