PERSONAL SNAP SHOT
About: Born and raised in Richmond, BC. Eleanor has lived in various parts of the lower mainland including New Westminster, Vancouver and is now living in Coquitlam with her husband and 2-year old daughter, Anneliese.
Interests: She has a talent for doing make up.
Likes (If you had more time, what would you do more of): More time with her daughter.
Loves (can’t live without): Eleanor loves to eat, cook and bake and spends all of her free time with friends and family.
Started as a Realtor in: late 2016
Specialization: Residential properties in the Tri-Cities, Maple Ridge, and Burnaby (Metrotown) areas.
One-piece of advice for your clients: Clients should not settle, but they need to be realistic. Buying a home is not like buying a new shirt. It’s the place where you have your good moments and bad moments. You have to love it.
Why Macdonald Realty? I Interviewed many offices and I really didn’t want to be another number. A person paying fees for ads. Macdonald wasn’t selling the company they were well-known, but smaller, and able to give one-on-one support. They also have a dynamic offering by expanding their reach to Asia.
Q & A
1. What differentiates you from the 13,000 licensed real estate agents in the Greater Vancouver area? I want to build my reputation. I’m real with my clients and I don’t sugar coat. The home is the place my clients will have for years and I want them to be 100% happy. I talk openly and communicate. I’m family orientated and do things focused on connecting my community. I volunteer and I get active by using my skills, including doing make up, to support initiatives such as ‘Feel good mom days.
2. What do you think clients look for in a realtor? Expertise. Someone to guide them and help fill all the gaps. They can see the visual aspects, the kitchen, the walls, but they also need to know about the foundation. I can provide a one-stop-shop to connect them to who and what they need to know.
3. How do clients describe you and what’s your best feature? Most think I look young. They are usually surprised to find out that I have a daughter…I'm personable, bubbly, nice, polite and real. I’m a mom who cares about my community and I’m reliable.
4. What inspired you to be a Realtor? I worked in the bank previously. In the commercial side dealing with compliance. I was familiar with reading and understanding property documents and I talked with a lot of people in the industry. Becoming a Realtor wasn’t a stretch from where I was.
I’m also one of those people who loves to go to open houses because I like it. I like to know what’s going on and what’s selling in the community and I’m interested in looking at different spaces.
5. What do you love most about your job? Bringing someone through a house. Getting to know that person and what they want. I'm excited to explore with them. It’s a big decision and it’s special to be a part of it.
6. What is the hardest part of your job? Finding the balance for the client in this market. There is a reality of what they want and it’s costs and what they can actually pay for.